Saturday, November 14, 2015

Salmon Pie

Originally this recipe is called "Tuna Pie" but since I don't eat tuna I thought I would try it with salmon, and you know what? It's delicious. I've made it twice. As in the past you will see my changes between (  ). So here goes. 




Tuna Pie (Salmon) 



2 eggs
1 small shredded carrot 
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I didn't use this)
1 cup cooked rice
3/4 shredded Swiss cheese
     (I used what I had)
1/2 cup chopped onions (red onion)
2 celery branches chopped
2, 4 oz cans of Tuna
     (1 can of Salmon) 
Salt & Pepper

Heat oven at 400F (350F) 
Butter a 8" pie plate (try to use a glass one) 

In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add all ingredients and mix well. 

As you might have noticed there are no spices or herbes in this recipe. I added some, but no more than 1 tsp.
You choose your herbes, try something different the next time. 

Once everthing is well mixed, pour into the reserved buttered pie plate and place in preheated oven for 25-30 min. 


Let it cool slightly and cut the pie in 4, serve with a nice green salad or a spinach salad as seen in my pictues. 

Or, let it cook completely and cut the pie in 4, individually wrap each portion and freeze for a lunch during the week to come. I've done it, it keeps well. 



How good does this look?

J.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment