Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pizza Dough..... but......

Hi there! Long time no see! I'm on a diet, so no cooking lately.

But, there's always a but.... I discovered a nice little - easy Pizza Dough recipe off the net, I didn't take down the reference since I had no intention of posting it. But (again but) I've made this twice since last week so I thought it was worth posting.

To start with, I don't use this as a pizza dough, I did the first time and didn't quite like it. The recipe says to cut the dough in half and do two different recipes with it. First thing I did was a Pizza... ok but...
Then I thought, why don't I just roll out the dough really thin and brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, bake, and break up into pieces to eat with soup..... Well you know what?

WOW! really good idea.

So here are the ingredients:

1 cup warm, sort of more hot than warm, but not too much.
2 tsp of yeast *
2.5 cups of flour*
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of olive oil

In a glass bowl mix warm water, yeast, 1 tsp of flour, stir well and let rest 5 min.
Add salt, olive oil, and the two cups of flour. Mix.
Lemon Zest and Pepper - before cooking.
It will be sticky and elastic, add flour as needed.
Set aside covered with a cloth, for 35 min.

Once the 35 minutes are up, roll ball out on counter, you will have to add flour. Cut dough into 3-4 pieces and roll each thin, brush with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper or any spice of your choice, bake on a cookie sheet for 10 min at 375F. Keep an eye on it, since some parts are thinner than others they cook faster. It cools off in no time, break, place in zip lock and keep open until all humidity is gone. I have no idea how long it keeps since I ate it too fast.

No need to oil the cookie sheet, it will not stick.
Sumak
You can make these 10 min before supper, nice and warm out of the oven.

*I have no idea if I used traditional yeast or fast acting yeast, I think I tried both, and both worked well.
I used 2 cups of flour and this worked well also, although, I had to add more flour while I was rolling it out.





Look how thin it is


You can tell where the thinner parts are
Underneath - really nice.


Sumak - cooked, nice taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment