Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ginger and Sesame Tilapia

There are times when I say to myself "Shit, you're a good cook". This is one of those times.

Here's a little something to open your appetite just before supper.

I got this from a recipe I picked up today at IGA.

For 4 servings, I cut everything by four.

4 Tilapia filets
1/2 cup of sesame seeds
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tbsp of minced ginger
1/2 cup of honey*
1/4 of lime juice.

400F

Place seeds on a plate and fish on top, pat, turn and pat again. Do this with all 4 filets. Place in a oven dish of your choice. Set aside.

Heat oil in a small pan, sauté ginger and garlic, careful not to burn.
Add honey* and lime juice. Reduce to half. Pour sauce on each filet.
Simmering to reduce.
Cook for about 15 min depending on thickness of filet.
I served this with smashed carrots and yellow beans.
* I used maple syrup.

This was really good.

Enjoy
J.

In oven, on parchement paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment