Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers in a blanket

I caved in to the little devil sitting on my right shoulder and made a not too healthy recipe.

Actually, I combined two, and I flushed the link not to be tempted again, so I can't post the reference. If I find it, I will add it later on. But I can say, it comes from two posts I saw on Pinterest.
All in all this was an OK thing, but sorry to say, they are better in restaurants.

So........


1 square of a two square box of Puff Pastry.
4 Jalapeno peppers *
4 oz of light cream cheese
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used my homemade)
3 slices of bacon, cut small and cooked crisp
Juice of half a lime
1/2 tsp of cumin
(no tomato, it's just there for show & color)
1 beaten egg.

Cut peppers in half, seed and don't rub your eyes.
Mix all ingredients except first two.
Stuff peppers with a good tbsp of mix.
Roll out dough and cut into 8 (in this case) squares. Place pepper half diagonally on pastry square and wrap each pepper half as shown below. Brush with beaten egg.

 
 

Depending on your oven, cook on PAMed cookie sheet for +/- 20 min at 375F. I could have left them a bit longer.
* You cannot choose the intensity of your Jalapeno peppers by just looking at them, you close your eyes and hope for the best, I got some heafty ones.

Wether you use yogurt or sour cream as a dip, you need something for sure. I used my homemade yogurt.

Enjoy.
J.


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment