Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sexy Pizza Sauce

This is first and foremost a pizza sauce, I have been using this recipe for 20+ years. But I also use it as a basic tomato sauce, on pasta or over Chicken Cordon Bleu etc.
Doesn't tomato sauce look sexy in a Martini Glass?

Really easy to make, freezes well.

2 big cans of tomatoes, any type, whole, diced, whatever.
1 onion finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp sugar

Put everything in in a pot, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 45 min.
Let cool a bit, remove bay leaf, and purée with a hand held chopper, Braun style.

That's it, that's all.
Enjoy.
J.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You know what, Jo? I've been looking for a pizza sauce recipe and somehow, this is the first one that actually makes my mouth water. But that's just cause I know how good a cook you are ;) Oh - how long does this survive in the freezer? Thanks for the recipe, I'll let you know how it turns out!
    - Miss C.

    ReplyDelete