Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

I cannot belive I did not take a picture of my veggies grilling on my brand new Cuisinart Grill.
Believe me it won't be the last time I use it.

OK, back to business.

This recipe I found on http://www.eat-drink-smile.com. My pictures doesn't look anywhere near what her's look like, but it's the taste that counts, right?

1st 2 pics, pre-cooked.
So..........425F

1 cup cooked cauliflower *(read this first)
1 cup shredded mozz cheese
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 egg

Garnish
Whatever you want, but keep in mind to slightly pre-cook your garnish since it will only be under broil long enough to melt the cheese, no cooking.

*Either you can do like me and cook your cauliflower first, or you could chop it up really fine while it is still raw, and cook it in the microwave. If you cook it first, you will have to put it through a potato ricer.

Gently mix all of the above ingredients and pat down on a PAMed pizza plate. Cook for 15 min.
Next 2 pics, post-cooked.
Then you garnish it and broil for 2-3 min. I grilled my veggies, used my famous Sexy Pizza sauce, added a bit of left over cooked chicken and some cheese. There is already 1 cup cheese in the crust, so not too much on top or use a different kind.

The best part of all this was the melted, brown, crisp, cheese all around the edge.

This was really good, tasty and almost guilt free, but it was alot of trouble for the finished product.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment