Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spinach and Shrimp Risotto

I'm sorry, I have no picture for this post, I ate too fast. It was sooooooooo good and easy to prepare I had to post anyway.

2tsp butter
2 garlic cloves
1 onion finely chopped
1 cup Arborio rice (short grain)
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
Salt & Pepper
12 oz of raw shrimp, peeled and devained
1/2 pack of young spinach
2 tbsp of lemon juice
2 tbsp of fresh dill or fresh basil

Melt butter, sauté onion and garlic, add rice and stir so that it's well soaked in the butter. Add broth and 1 1/2 cups of milk. Bring almost to a boil, stir and reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 min. Stir after 10 min, and once again at the end.
Once the rice is cooked add the shrimp and let cook 5 min.
Add rest of milk, spinach, lemon juice and fresh herbs.
Stir and serve right away before it gets lumpy.

* Usually when you cook rice you double the quantiy of liquid for one part rice, since this is a risotto the liquide is doubled twice. I used Coconut milk but only one cup. Asparagus instead of spinach. 1 tsp of fresh ginger that I added with the sauted onions. I shredded a bit of fresh parmesan on top when I served.
What I like about this risotto is that your not standing by the stove stiring non-stop for 20 min.
This is a keeper.

Enjoy. J.


Adapted from Vita magazine feb/march 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment