Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ranch Dressing, 2 in 1 recipe.

Why do you make me suffer so..... I just tasted this.... Someone get me a bag of chips.

I do not buy bottled salad dressing, ever. Although I must admit SOMETIMES I will have a bottle in the fridge for guests, and its some weird kind like Tangerine and Lime or Raspberry and Balsamic vinegar and I get the following comment: " What's that? Don't you have italian like everyone else?" Sorry people, I am not like everyone else.

3 green onions, whites and greens
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp strong mustard *
1 olive oil
1 garlic clove
salt & pepper
1/2 cup of mayo
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of buttermilk (1/2 cup milk + 1 tsp of vinegar. Let sit for a while, I tried balsamic)

Mix everything together except the milk.
Mix well to get it well blended. At this point this can be used as a dip for anything you want, chips, buffalo wings, veggies.
If you add the buttermilk, it becomes more liquide and can be used as a salad dressing. Not only on lettuce, but rice, pasta salad.
One way or the other, let it rest for 1 hour so tastes blend.

* If your mustand is very strong, you might want to start with 1tsp and work up to 1 tbsp. I used only 1 tsp and found it was enough. Mustard is sort of overpowering.
At the dip point, next time I will add either, blue cheese, feta or goat.

Enjoy. J.

Addapted from http://www.cooklikeachampionblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment