Saturday, December 31, 2011

Asian peanut sauce, Easy

PEANUT ALERT!

Happy New Year to all! I wish you all the best, everything your heart desires and more.
Remember, only YOU can make it happen.
I want to take this opportunity to tell Joanne & Pierre that I am glad Odyssey IV took them safetly to the Bahamas this am, what a way to finish / start the new year. I am following their adventures by the minute and I'm anxious to see pictures. 
Bon, back to business, guess what I am about to make?
Last evening I was doing some recipe weeding and came across a small booklet of Asian recipes published by Le Soleil about 4-5 years ago. I was about to through it out, then thought, no.
This morning I'm glad I didn't. I made this really easy and delicious peanut sauce to accompay the Spring Rolls. I've tried several other peanut sauce recipes, but this one was the easiest and tastiest so far. This is a keeper.
Peanut sauce
1/2 cup of water
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar*
1 heaping tbsp of Hoisan sauce
2 heaping tbsp of peanut butter*
1 tsp of chili paste*
1 tsp of corn startch

Mix first four ingredients in a small pot, bring to a low boil. Add peanut butter and stir to melt. Add chili paste. If you find the sauce is too liquidy, then you and dilute the corn startch in 2 tbsp of the sauce and add to thicken. Set aside and let cool.
*I like the fact that this yealds about 1 cup. You can use crunchy or smooth peanut butter. I used only 1/2 tsp of chili paste and it was lots. You could also down the sugar a bit.

I won't explain how to do Spring Rolls, I am sure you are all already experts in the field.

Enjoy
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment