Thursday, September 15, 2011

Salmon Croquettes & Lime Tartar sauce.



1/2 lb fresh salmon, no skin
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
8 tbsp panko crumbs, or regular bread crumbs.
1 egg white
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp soya sauce
salt and pepper
1 tbsp oil

Hamburger buns, or kaiser or any kind of small bun of your choice.
Red onions, lettuce or any garnish of your choice.
Pass salmon through the food processor, then, in a bowl, mix well with first 3 ingredients. In another dish, mix egg, lemon and soya, then add to salmon, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat oil on medium heat in teflon pan or use the wonderful grill to the right (no fat needed). Make 3 or 4 patties.
Cook 3 min on each side or maybe 30 seconds more depending on thickness.

Toast buns during last minute.
Spread with Tartar sauce (recipe below)
Top with salmon patty and garnish as you wish.

Tartar sauce

1 part relish for two parts mayo
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp lemon juice.

Adjust ingredients to taste. This can be made in the morning and left to marinate in fridge until supper. This time I used lime juice, not as good as lemon juice.


So......
This is the first time I make this recipe and I'm KEEPING it.
I was very happy with the way the patties stuck together while cooking.
They tasted salmon, not oily greasy stuff.
I based myself on a recipe I took from Annie's Eats, a blog I enjoy very much.

Enjoy. J.

No comments:

Post a Comment